Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sad weekend:(

Well our relaxing weekend got called to a halt when David got a call from his mom saying his grandma was not doing well and we needed to come see her. This happened Saturday morning. So we packed up and headed down to Fredericksburg for a last minute trip (thankful David's school let him leave last minute!).
We got to the burg and met his father outside the nursing home and headed in. David got to have a nice visit with his grandmother and she got to see Jadyn and Logan. She is always so excite when she sees them! We could tell that she was just not doing well.
We stayed the night at the Fielder's and went back to see her before we left and we could tell she just didn't have long left. When we were driving back into base in San Angelo we got the call that she passed. I am so thankful David was able to tell his MeMe goodbye. I know I hated not being able to tell my Grandaddy Pruett goodbye, it broke my heart. My heart aches for Garrett who was not able to say goodbye because I know how he is feeling. It's so hard to be somewhere far away and not able to get there no matter how hard you try. They are attempting to send a Red Cross message to get him home for the funeral. I'm praying that he can make it, it's so close to the end of his deployment. My prayers are for the Fiedler family in the loss of their mother, grandmother and great grandmother an wife. Meme had one big family.
We're back home now safe and sound David was able to talk to Garrett which I know was a blessing for both of them. David really loves his brothers!! And he and Garrett have an amazing bond!!
Rest in Peace Meme!!

No comments: